• Books- The Rainforest Grew All Around-Susan Mitchell
• Crafts- Making a Tree
• Music- The Rainforest Grew All Around, I've Been Working on the Rainforest
• Baking- Foods of the Rainforest Platter, Rainforest cookies- recipe in Rainforest Grew All Around
• Field Trips- Eating at Rainforest Cafe
Making a Tree
1. Draw Tree on Paper
2. Color trunk brown
3. Glue cotton balls on leaf area
4. Paint cotton balls green
5. Glue cut outs of raindrops around tree
Zachary had his own style of a tree
Rainforest Food Platter
Preheat oven to 375
2-2 1/4 cups of All purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter (1/2 cup) softened
1 medium ripe banana
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
4 cups (12 oz) chocolate chips
1 cup of cashews
1. Combine 2 cups flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
2. Beat butter,m banana, and sugars until creamy.
3. Beat in eggs and then add the coconut flakes
4. Gradually add the flour mixture using extra flour if needed.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and cashews.
6.Drop by rounded tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Rainforest Cafe Water Fall