The topics they offered were:
- What is early literacy?
- What is print awareness?
- What is letter knowledge?
- What is phonological awareness?
- What are narrative skills?
- What is print motivation?
- Why is vocabulary important?
- What other resources are available?
1. A sound garden for phonological awareness- hanging pots, pans, and kitchen items on strings for the children to play on.
2. Music instrument exploration- for phonological awareness
3. Writing letters and putting them in a mail box (they did not have to know letters or have skills to write) for print motivation
4. Making play doh with a recipe for print motivation
5. Using tongs to pick up small items to practice fine motor skills for print motivation
6.. Finger painting for vocabulary
7. Planting a lima bean in a pot for vocabulary
8. Looking at pictures from magazines, etc on the wall with a magnifying glass for vocabulary
9. Playing with book character cut outs on a sticks while reading a book.
10. Digging for dinosaurs for vocabulary
11. Playing with baby dolls and learning to care for them for vocabulary
12. Making large bubbles
All of the activities were things that are easy to be done at home.