Here in this photo I attempted to re-create Dad's volcano.
- I found part of a box to build the volcano in. We used half a box that clothing is gift wrapped in. The sides are flimsy so we taped them straight.
- Here I made a small volcano with model magic. That stuff is much easier to use than modeling clay/air dry clay. Model magic is stretchy, soft and light weight.
- The dirt in our yard did okay. We (Zachary and I) poured dirt in the box and shaped it around our model magic volcano.
- To make the volcano erupt I put baking soda in the bottom. I was not sure how much to put but the more vinegar you pour in later, then the more baking soda you will need at the bottom.
- Next I squirted the red food coloring in. The more the better.
- Last is the vinegar. Once you mix it with the baking soda it's all coming up.
- We erupted our volcano at our dinosaur play group. It was definitely the highlight of the day.