We got this super fun and easy sun painting idea from a blog I just found the other day called Mrs Karens class. She had some great ideas for a hands on astronomy lesson. Her blog post on this craft can be found here. Mrs Karens class.
- Trace a circle onto white paper.
- Cut out.
- Put a blob of red, yellow, and orange paint on the circle (less red than yellow).
- Put plastic wrap over the circle. Taping plastic down temporarily is optional which can
- Smear paint together all over the circle!
- Let dry!
- Glue to black piece of paper.
- Add suns rays with small paintbrush or cue tips.
Adelyn's sun (I helped with the rays a tad. And the tracing...and the cutting)